Director of the Council on Advanced Practice:
Courtney Bennett, DNP, PMHNP-BC, FNP-BC
The Council on Advanced Practice Nursing is concerned with advanced nursing practice which relates to:
- Federal and state legislation and government policy affecting advanced practice nurses;
- Advanced practice nurse membership growth and maintenance of the association;
- Scope and standards of advanced practice nursing;
- Ethical and legal aspects of advanced practice nursing;
- Practice of individual advanced practice nurses;
- Trends for improvement of health care with advanced practice nursing; and
- Continuing education for advanced practice nurses.
The standing committee of the council shall be the Committee on Advanced Practice. The council strives to include members from various geographic locations and practice settings in the state.
For more information on MNA Councils and Committees contact the MNA office.